Thursday 2 January 2014

Thursday, or Thereabouts - January 2, 2014

Baby, it's cold outside!




2014's opening gambit suggests that hibernation is the best strategy for life in these parts. At high noon, it's a blistering -22C (-8F) outside my door with only the briefest of hints of sunshine. Not even our faithful canine, whose one blue eye and spitz twist tail attest to her Alaskan Malamute roots, shows any inclination to venture outside. One brief sniff of winter's cold through a narrowly opened door and she promptly turned tail and trotted back to bed. What a clever girl!

I'm going to follow her lead I think, and though I'm not going back to bed, I am going to curl up in blankies with hot tea in the living room and watch a movie or three, or maybe even some Dr. Who episodes from long ago - the Tom Baker years and the Daleks! Ooohhhh that will get the circulation going! And there is also a warm invitation from a jigsaw puzzle to re-visit Venice...



There are such wonderful Christmas gifties to support me in my hibernation: liquor filled chocolates, candies, cookies, books to explore, and when I need a break from all the activity, luxurious lotions and potions for deliciously hot baths or showers.

I may be stuck in here for a while...

©2014 April Hoeller

No comments:

Post a Comment