Thursday 4 June 2015

Thursday, or Thereabouts - June 4. 2015

Over the river and through the woods

We took the furry beast out for a hike in the forest this morning. It was a lovely tromp along the dirt paths, through the long grasses and by the streams. Truly an over the river and through the woods kind of trek, without the snow and sleigh of course. (Well I should ruddy well hope so - it is June)!





The play of light and shadow, the waft of warm and cool, the fragrance of earth and flower, all accompanied by birdsong was calming, restorative, and stimulating. In short, it was idyllic.
Even Sophie thought so.


Stop. Look. Listen.
Go take a hike!

©2015 April Hoeller

1 comment:

  1. Loved this STOP sign April. It's been a manic week at home. I am so glad I clicked on this post to start my 'checking -the- emials- time' this morning. 'Stop. Look. Listen.' - perfect.
    I enjoyed re-reading the post about Maya Angelou, too. Her words always bring a burst of energy to me. Hope your back is better now. Enjoy your weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete