Thursday 10 December 2015

Thursday, or Thereabouts - December 10, 2015

How GREEN is my Valley

Soft rays of warmth bid me come out and wander through grasslands...


...and forests.


No tuque. No scarf. No mitts. No boots.
Summer hiking shoes, fleece jacket, sunglasses.
And still I broke a sweat on our hike through the forest.





Even Sophie needed to cool off.


And she found a stick, of course.



If I didn't know for sure that it was December, I could well believe it was early Spring. Only in the early Spring do I see such vibrant greens.



A glance upward through the mighty oaks and poplars tells a more seasonally appropriate story.


Coming home, there is "don't make me get the lawn mower out" green.



And mint green...


And fresh lamium


Then...
 OMG yellow!


How green is my valley? More green than usual, more green than it should be in December.

But with a flourish of yellow life in my valley raises a triumphant shout, "Joy to the World."




©2015 April Hoeller

1 comment:

  1. Is that mustard April? In December? In Canada? I enjoyed the walk with you and Sophie:) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete