Friday 22 January 2016

Thursday, or Thereabouts - January 22, 2016

But it's FRIDAY!


Yes. Yes. Yes, I know. But some days the words don't form sentences. Some days the ideas fail to blossom. Some days the photos won't come together to make a story. And then are days when all three are no-shows. That's what happened yesterday.

I fussed and fumed, whined and whimpered, sighed and snorted. For five hours I struggled to make something work. Then I just gave up. Guilt rushed in to bolster the sense of defeat. Reason took a bit longer to show up - a bit too long in my opinion! - to rescue me from the gloom.  I mean seriously, how awful is it that I did not write a blogpost yesterday? Get a life woman!

I wasted half a day spinning my tires, churning up nothing but despair. For what earthly or even heavenly good? How clever was that? And lest you think that this is going to be nothing but a tedious tale of self-recrimination...

That was Yesterday!

And this is Today. This is FRIDAY!



Though a smidgen of guilt remains over yesterday's wasteland, immobility and its buddy frustration have left the building. Alleluia! And you know what? I've had a good week, minus the one small blot on the landscape.



My love and I saw Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Surely I've not aged as much as Leia, Hans and Luke have? I'm more like Chewbacca - a little rough around the edges but ageless. Right?



Also this week I enjoyed a lovely lunch with friend, discovering new to us, Japanese restaurant. I got caught up on my correspondence (translation: I cleaned up my email). Then I had a kick-butt workout at the gym.  And, AND I did get two blogposts written!



A steaming cappuccino begins my day today. Sole Meuniere is on the menu for supper tonight...








"It was “perfectly browned in a sputtering butter sauce with a sprinkling of chopped parsley… I closed my eyes and inhaled the rising perfume. Then I lifted a forkful of fish to my mouth… The flesh of the sole was delicate, with a light but distinct taste of the ocean that blended marvellously with the browned butter… It was a morsel of perfection… It was the most exciting meal of my life.” - from Julia Child's My Life in France



...with small rounds of boiled potato speckled with fresh parsley and a just to mix things up a little, a Thai Mango salad. Dessert? Well, Une Tarte aux Pommes of course. There is a fine bottle of Chardonnay from Thirty Bench Wine Makers chilling in the fridge.







And me? I'm just chillin' too.
Bon appetit!




©2016 April Hoeller

2 comments:

  1. Yummy...that meal sounds delicious. I can almost taste it. LOVE "Reason took a bit longer to show up." Enjoy your weekend April. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The meal was indeed delicious Arti - the perfect counterpoint to Thursday's debacle. Why is it reason is so slow to up? Probably because emotion will almost always be the first to grab the spotlight and the last to let it go.
      Take care my friend.
      Big hugs.

      Delete