Monday 11 July 2016

Monday Moanings - July 11, 2016

Bring it On!



I've been feeling really good lately. In fact most of my days now I would peg at 8/10 on my well being scale. That's way better than I've felt in over a year. I've been walking at a clip of  a 17 minute mile (10.6 minute kilometre), which is a pretty snazzy pace for a 63 year old, nine weeks after major pelvic surgery.




Why even just yesterday I tackled a modest forest hike of 3.6km in just under 40 minutes.






Forest Hike analysis - Endomondo.com

I am so ready to get back to the gym, to get moving again:
lat pull downs, squats, kickbacks, curls, lifts, and heart pounding cardio.

Bring it on!



So with Abba's Super Trouper playing in my head I skipped in to see the physiotherapist at my gym this morning. Too bad my transversus abdominus muscle  was not nearly as ready as I was to get back at it. After a thorough assessment I was told in no uncertain terms that I was not to darken the doorway of the gym -well not yet anyway. In the meantime I have a few simple core exercises to do to get this deep abdominal muscle up to snuff and if I do this homework diligently, next Monday I'll get more exercises to tone up those ab muscles.






Aw shucks! I am disappointed but also feeling assured that this is the right path. I really don't want to have the surgical reconstruction undone by a bit of recklessness on my part. 
So slow and steady it is, one core group at a time. 


                Bring it On!





©2016 April Hoeller


No comments:

Post a Comment