Monday 18 July 2016

Monday Moanings - July 18, 2016

Audacious Hope

The past days,
                     weeks
                                months...

have been filled with news of violence, terror, anxiety, anger, retribution, shock, sorrow and death. I began to cringe every time a news alert was announced from my cell phone. I have now disabled those shouts which entice me to come, see, hear the latest horrors of the world.

This is not me burying my head in the sand, but rather me choosing to enter this new week with an audacious, wild and stubborn hope. A tenacious hope which insists on kindness, confidence, trust, empathy, forgiveness, joy, peace and life.


Such hope is courageous. It is deeply embedded in the very heart of each and every one of us, encouraging, goading, pushing, always seeking a way around and beyond every obstacle. How else would we have survived this long on earth?


As the world begins anew
             each month,
                                 week,
                                            day,

                  Hope whispers - 
There is a better way...



Come with me into this new week. 
Together let's go wild with hope - audacious, courageous, enduring hope.



"Courage, my friends; 'Tis not too late to build a better world." 





©2016 April Hoeller

No comments:

Post a Comment