Monday 13 February 2017

Monday Moanings - February 13, 2017

A drop in the bucket...

On the street where I live

It's an overcast -4°C (25°F) with a whopping 47cm of snow on the ground. Just a week ago there was 8cm of snow on the ground. Just Friday there was only 26cm on the ground.


I guess it's still winter.











We're halfway through the last row of firewood.
And the lock on the shed door where the hulking great snowblower is housed was frozen this morning.
And it's Monday. Again.



And I haven't got a clue what to write here today. A thousand ideas clammer for attention. A
thousand more ToDo's wave frantically (and sorry about my ineffective verb demanding an adverb - it's Monday so give me a break!).











Oh, but wait - what light through yonder window breaks?
An advert for the Maple Sugar Festival at Brooks Farms just popped up on my Facebook newsfeed.


Now there's something to lift the spirits. The folks at the farm think the sap will be running by March 4, a mere 19 days away. Sweet!

I can taste the cool sweetness of the clear sap.
I can hear the 'plink' of a drop in the bucket...


I can smell the wood fire under the blackened pots.


Pour it on, right out of the pot. Sweet!










Oh, and that frozen lock on the shed door? A three-minute heat treatment from my blow dryer put paid to that. Even an intrepid cardinal was impressed.











It's going to be a great day after all! 
Enjoy!


p.s. Sophie has a question...






©2017 April Hoeller







2 comments:

  1. Hey April. It's been a while...hope you are well.
    Who can resist Sophie? That face...and those eyes...melts my heart.
    Keep warm and sweet:) hugs. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So lovely to hear from you Arti! I am well and life is good.
      Hope your universe is unfolding as it ought and that you are splashing happily along with it.
      Take care, my friend. xx

      Delete