Thursday 7 June 2018

Thursday, or Thereabouts - June 7, 2018





I'm done with all the pollsters' prognostications, media soundbites, backtalk, nastiness and fearmongering. I'm done with all the noise!

I have cast my ballot.
My vote is in.
Que sera, sera.







Tomorrow I have every confidence that the sun will come up as usual. I trust that I too will rise with the new day and go about my business as usual - with one exception - I will absent myself from all social media and newsfeeds. I'm unplugging from the too many beeps, squawks, alarms, and vibrations good or otherwise.


I have no room in my head for post-election rants, no desire to hear any "shoulda's, woulda's, or coulda's" from politicians or political commentators or backseat experts. I do not want to hear or read any bombastic diatribes or any cranky pants whining from any corner. Neither do I want to hear grandiose exhortations about glorious things to come. I want to hear of neither cheers nor jeers.

I want calm. 
I want space. 
I want silence. 


So tomorrow you will find me in my garden probably talking to the pansies, dahlias, and any other blooming thing I find hanging around.






If the weather does not cooperate, then I'll be inside baking bread...


...starting the packing lists for our next great adventure (just nineteen days to takeoff), and generally putzing around. If you want to connect with me, pick up the phone and give me a call or email me and I'll get back to you when I'm feeling refreshed.







Have a great weekend, folks. 

Whatever the weather, there will be wine!


Cheers!
























©2018 April Hoeller

No comments:

Post a Comment