Monday 13 August 2018

Monday Moanings - August 13, 2018

On the Wagon...


Sitting on my wagon rocking back and forth at the top of a new week. My fountain pen is fully loaded with fresh ink; a stack of fine paper is at the ready; my inner critic is bright-eyed and mouthy as usual. "When are you going to get down to some serious writing," she scolds.

I fell off the blogging wagon in July of last year but managed to crawl back on (with gusto!) for the A to Z Challenge of daily posts for the month of April. And I've managed to hang on with two blog posts a week ever since (less three weeks vacation time). That's the good news.




The bad news is that work on the book has ground to a halt. I'm not stuck, it's not writer's cramp. There is a host of scene skeletons neatly suspended in the file folder just waiting for some flesh and connective tissue. So what's the hold-up?





Well here's the truth: I spend way too much time with this question in the percolator while my write hand guides and clicks a mouse through the intricacies of Sudoku puzzles and Mahjong Titans. Such activity while apparently good for my aging brain and the consumption of time, does little else of benefit to either me or the world. In other words, the only muscles getting a workout are the ones having to do with procrastination.

What I need is a mousetrap, but where oh where does one find a trap for such a mouse? And how then does one set it?


Actually what I need is serious 'backside in chair' time, somewhere out of reach of that blasted mouse. I'm thinking the library will be a good place to settle my pens, paper, and derriere.

So let's tighten up that chin strap on my helmet, lower the goggles into position and push off...

Wherever you are, have a great ride this week.




©2018 April Hoeller

No comments:

Post a Comment