Thursday 22 November 2018

Thursday, or Thereabouts - November 22, 2018

A clear sparkling morning outside my door this day.


At -20°C (-4°F), it's record-breaking cold, but still a spectacular day. Snow crystals sublimating out of thin bitter air performed a sparkling dance that filled me with wonder, joy, and hope.


The icicles glistened...



And the birds were grateful for a fatty feast.




 "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
 (Max Ehrmann: Desiderata 1927)


Happy Thanksgiving to all my American family, friends and readers.




©2018 April Hoeller

3 comments:

  1. I'm afraid I do not share your enthusiasm for this extreme cold. However the photos are lovely and yesterday I was able to get photos of the exquisite patterns of frost on the riding arena. It's just that riding in this cold is torturous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you Leueen! I'm guessing that to dress for bitter cold weather and to dress for riding are two things that just can't go together, (especially hands?), unless it's possible to look something like the Michelin Man...
      Glad you got some frost pictures.
      Warmer (seasonal temperatures) are on the way.
      Take care.

      Delete
  2. Hey April. It's been so long since I've logged on to blogspot that I'm feeling almost new here today:)
    Such spectacular sculptures these icicles make and your bird captures are sublime.
    Hope your Thanksgiving was a warm and happy one.
    Sending you warm hugs from a balmy Doha morning: sitting at my desk, I can see the Neem tree swaying in the breeze and hear birds chirping.
    xx

    ReplyDelete