Monday 25 May 2020

Monday Meander - May 25, 2020

Report from the blankie fort - Week 11



Throw off the blankies! It's way too hot here for layers. Summer it seems has grown impatient as Spring foot-dragged her way along and now has unleashed her hot-breathed dragon. It's 30°C (86°F) as I write this with 70% humidity. While points to the north got a deluge of rain last night, we got just 5mm. Still, it was enough to bring out an explosion of pine pollen and an eruption of my asthma. So today is an indoor day - a sealed up full-on A/C day.


I hope the bears in the window will enjoy the sauna they are about to get in the sunroom today. I'll keep an eye on them for any signs of heat stress. 


Today I'm remembering wind in my face bike riding, 5¢ popsicles, 10¢ ice cream cones, Coppertone® suntan lotion (no sunscreen!), big circulating fans swirling in the windows (the only A/C back in the day), family bbq's and a backyard pool that made summer an absolute delight.


I know we all want to get out of this tight space we're in right now but the fastest way out of this is to stay put.

Be one of the cool kids -
Stay Home!



©2020 April Hoeller

No comments:

Post a Comment