Monday 22 April 2013

Monday Moanings - April 22, 2013

So much to do; so little time.
I'm feeling somewhat overwhelmed at the top of this week. Is this an age thing? I recall that not too many year ago a week full to the brim was something I got excited about. Positively energized, I bounced out of bed Monday morning and hit the ground running, not stopping until Friday afternoon. Now, I may bounce out of bed and even hit the ground walking quickly, but a single day sprint is the best I can manage.

And I fret! Man oh man do I get wound up about how to get through that endless To Do list, and where does  all that anxious energy get me? Directly to the into the failure bin, thrashing around in waters of despair -- UNLESS I set my mind and body to 'doing' instead worrying; then, wonder of wonders, all the essentials get done often with enough time left over to wonder what I was so worried about.

Today is Earth Day. "Act for the Planet" is the slogan this year. Now surely, here's another opportunity to be overwhelmed by all that needs to be done. I can sign petitions, re-post to Facebook and retweet on Twitter all the calls to action; I can donate support to local and national initiatives, but the first best thing I can actually do, the best personal action I can take, is to make environmentally responsible choices at home today and every day. Reduce, Reuse and Recycle - as tedious as it is to sort through my discards, castoffs and refuse; as inconvenient as it is to find and then get to reputable recyclers of electronics, metal, window glass, Styrofoam packing blocks and other obscure trash; as frustrating as it is to understand the curbside recycling rules and schedule - Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle.

So much to do; so little time...


No comments:

Post a Comment