Monday 3 June 2013

Monday Moanings - June 3, 2013

I'm baaaaaaack!
Actually I've been home for over a week now, but you know how it goes - heart and soul lag far behind the return of luggage and body, especially when the absence has been as long as a month. Jet lag plus vacation withdrawal plus plain old fatigue scored the hat trick against the Home Coming Team and did so for five days straight. By Friday the Team managed to make an appearance and then went on to rack up enough momentum to reassert supremacy. Phew! It is good to be home!

So here I am ready to pen Monday Moanings again. I don't suppose it's significant that just as I've gotten my act together there has been a major power outage in my neighbourhood this morning? Has news of my return to the blogosphere caused an overload? And is it protest or welcome?? Imagination is such fun and also a great diversion from actual writing...

Every time I venture to faraway places I am reminded of just how fortunate I am to live where and when I do; I am reminded that my small corner, the place I call home, is just a very tiny speck of dust (though I do hope a sparkling one) on the world stage; I am reminded that joy and wonder are not only elsewhere, but also all around me, if I would but look up, around and inside the nooks and crannies of an ordinary day at home.

I had a sensational time away (more about that in the coming weeks) with only one day out of thirty that was a washout. I got cold, wet feet looking for my "two gentlemen of Verona" but when I took a moment on a Veronese street corner to look out from under my rain gear, there stood the man who has been by my side  since 1975 - one gentleman of Stouffville in Verona. Perfect!

More stories to come of my travels. It is indeed good to be home.
Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Priceless! So nice to "witness" such a solid (and hopefully less complicated than either Valentine's or Proteus' relationships) marriage.

    ReplyDelete