Monday 21 October 2013

Monday Moanings - October 21, 2013

It's dull.
It's dreary.
It's raining.
It's a Monday moaning, BUT nobody really wants to hear a morning report full of whining, especially the whimpers of someone else. So I'll get on with it; get on with the business of life in this great wide world, one that allows me to trod in her forests, splash in her rivers, lakes and streams, bask in her sunshine and even be drenched in her refreshing rains. Mother Earth gives me so much more that I give back and I am blessed and deeply grateful to be living at this time, in this place.

Labyrinth, Lucca, Italy

I have the privilege of being able to travel the globe seeing marvellous places and faces, experiencing sights and sounds, flavours and fragrances, and touching of my fingers to ancient stones where so many other fingers have lingered long before mine. How awesome is that? Yet there is still so much more to explore.

The Library at Ephesus, Turkey

Street Child, Mumbai

Prayer Offering, Mumbai


The Spring of 2014 will see my love and I heading to Asia; a cruise from Hong Kong to Shanghai with stops in Taipei, Nagasaki, Busan, Jeju, and Tianjin, and then a river cruise on the Yangtze from Beijing back to Shanghai. This trip has the scent of pilgrimage about it. My mother loved China and walked the Great Wall. I want to walk where she (and so many others) walked.

Thinking, dreaming about this next adventure is my sunshine today.


©2013 April Hoeller

1 comment:

  1. ahhh, so. ... you have decided your tour...sounds like heaven..that means that i get to go too, thru you..natch!
    ..what a way to dream away the winter days :)

    ReplyDelete