Thursday 24 October 2013

Thursday, or Thereabouts - October 24, 2013

The Time Between



The gardens have been put to bed, the lawnmower and weed whacker silenced.

We have paid homage to giant pumpkins and shiny farm tractors at the Fall Fair.

We have celebrated and given thanks for all the blessings of life.

The air outside my house pulses with Autumn's incense as smoke rises from a lazy fire in the woodstove within, murmuring about warmth.









I love this time between - that gracious respite after the September start ups and October gatherings, and before the Christmas machine roars to life. It is a time of tender reflection, a time to look behind me and around me, both where I've been and where I now am.










It's a bit like a meander through a fine old book shop...

Barter Books, Alnwick, Northumberland, England

My fingertips brush across the bindings of the stories of my life as I stroll the along the years. A few tales linger on my heart, a few bring a tear, a few tease out a giggle or three, and of course there are a couple of debunked myths just for entertainment.

All the stories are important.
Life is beautiful.



©2013 April Hoeller

No comments:

Post a Comment