Thursday 13 February 2014

Thursday, or Thereabouts - February 13, 2014

A breath of fresh air



The Olympics overwhelm me - the superlatives of height, speed, twists, turns, triumphs and grace set against the failures, accidents, misfortune and broken dreams gets to be too much. Today is a day to take some deep cleansing breaths and step away from all that tension.





Today finds my love and I heading into the city to explore the new Ripley's Aquarium.  I'm anticipating a delightful submersion into a virtual underwater experience where we will be treated to the vibrant colour and astonishing form of critters we know and love from dive trips. And we will do this without struggling with all the heavy gear and gauges scuba diving demands! I can feel the "ahhhhh" settling into my bones just thinking about it.








Then there's supper at Sabatino's Ristorante - I'm anticipating olive oil, garlic, basil infused delights for the palate accompanied by a red wine from the Veneto.

A gondola glides past the Rialto, two lovers kiss...












It will be a lovely day with my forever Valentine.
And Sophie sends this "Salami d'Amour" Valentine to all:




©2014 April Hoeller

No comments:

Post a Comment