Thursday 13 March 2014

Thursday, or Thereabouts - March 13, 2014

I'd rather be...





It was -20C (-4F) first thing this morning and the world outside my door was all dressed up in brand new snow white, AGAIN. Spring has not just slipped back a little beneath the horizon but rather has done a nosedive. 







Monday, March 10, 2014

Thursday, March 13, 2014.

The snow shovel was frozen to ground and the snowblower needed a boost from the electric starter to roar into life, but roar it did and my love and I finished the 'snow job' in time for me to get to the dentist. 
What was to be the semi-annual scrape and polish turned into a major repair job. So here I sit with an brilliant winter day outside and a Novocaine frozen face, thinking about the places I'd rather be.

I'd rather be...
enjoying breakfast in Cordoba, Spain.

eating oysters in Dunedin, New Zealand

(this one needs no explanation)

buying figs in Crawford Market, Mumbai.

cycling along the Appian Way in Italy.

sitting at a cafe in Mykonos.
©2014 April Hoeller

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You sure have travelled far and wide.
    Mumbai, huh? So you have experienced 'incredible India'.
    I have been having dental issues and empathise with you.
    Here's hoping you winter woes give way to spring cheer really soon.
    Isnt China coming up too?

    ReplyDelete