Monday 7 July 2014

Monday Moanings - July 7, 2014

Monday Moaning Greens

It's raining, it's pouring and this old lady is snoring! Today is just one of those days that can be such a drag on mind and body. The sky drips wet and grey, smearing summer's colour into an unusually boring impressionist landscape. Very dull but also very green, and as Kermit the Frog of Sesame Street fame opined, "It's not easy being green."

It's not my favourite colour. It is absent from my wardrobe and my house (okay yes, my daughter painted her room a ghastly green but it's out of sight), and yet I left behind the concrete and asphalt jungle to live in the natural beauty of the countryside where green is everywhere outside my door.

It is the colour I so yearn to see at the end of a long winter. It is the colour of health in forests and lawns. It is also the colour of envy and greed (money), illness, horror picture ooze and some frogs. But green is also the colour of "GO". And so out my door I went this morning into the green, camera in hand.

Here's what I saw:








A bit of green I planted:


And one to remedy a green overdose:



A rich palette of green all within 10m of my front door. It may not be easy being green, but it is blessed.
Wishing you a wonderful, healthy, lively green kind of week.

©2014 April Hoeller

No comments:

Post a Comment