Thursday 25 September 2014

Thursday, or Thereabouts - September 25, 2014

Indian Summer





There was a frost last week, a morning dusted in white.

And now we are basking in Autumn days filled with warm, almost high summer temperatures and brilliant blue skies - Indian Summer.









I stepped outside my front door last evening and into a place of stunning beauty. The last rays of the sun angled high to light up the tree tops. The greens, the golds, the reds and even the browns vibrated with colour.




I took a stroll around the outside of my house this afternoon and even in full light the colours dazzle.
It is the reds though that always take my breath away.









And I am so privileged to live here in the middle of an Indian Summer in full bloom.
"With the golden glow of peaceful contentment
        may I truly appreciate this autumn day."
Edward Hays - Prayers for a Planetary Pilgrim



©2014 April Hoeller


1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! The colours are just amazing. Enjoy your Indian Summer

    ReplyDelete