Thursday 24 September 2015

Thursday, or Thereabouts - September 24, 2015

Autumn Overture - Hitting all the High Notes


This is my favourite season - a symphony, a classic tone poem of colour and form, tempo and texture, light and shadow; always changing, always moving toward its inevitable conclusion. The opening movement of this annual performance has been full of promise of the presto of colour now only just hinted at.



The high notes of bright sunshine and warm days have been modulated by cool nights, with not single ice crystal yet etched in the time signature. The frost will surely come but for now only early morning mist blurs the fledgling grace notes of colour before lifting to reveal ever-brightening yellows and reds.






And it's just way to lovely for me to sit inside writing. The opening to this season of gratitude will not remain so gloriously melodic, and I don't want to miss a single note.
See you out there!





©2015 April Hoeller

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Ketaki. I do so love the Autumn.
      Blessings!

      Delete
  2. Hi April. I'll be enjoying the autumnal concert via your pics. Love the misty shot:)
    I've been travelling and settling my daughter at university, so it's going to be a new kinda autumn for me this year- of new beginnings and facing the inevitable churning of time.
    Enjoy the colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Change is as inconvenient as it is inevitable. Taking a lesson from Autumn, I think the best thing to do is make the rearranging of our lives colourful!
      Take care. xx

      Delete