Thursday 12 November 2015

Thursday, or Thereabouts - November 12, 2015

Take me Away!

I wanna get out of here. Oh I know it's been little more than two weeks since getting home from our last adventure. And I've only just recovered from 14 hours of jet lag, BUT a cesspool of naughty microbes has bubbled up inside me. Sneezing, wheezing, coughing; streaming, sputtering, choking.

Please, oh please take me away to some place warm and sunny by the sea.



It doesn't have to be for long; four or five days should do it. Idyllic days with wonderfully warm sand underfoot...


... salt water bubbling between toes


... a white sandy beach interrupted only with thatched roofed palapas strung with hammocks.



Some fruity drinks with exotic names like, Bahama Mama, Pina Colada, Mojito and one that I really could use right now, the Painkiller.


Surely such libations would do much to counter the uninvited pestilence that has invaded my respiratory system. All that vitamin C would do wonders, as would warm salt air breezes and spectacular sunsets.



It's a dreary, damp November day outside my door with high winds set to blast in a cold front.


Take me away!



©2015 April Hoeller

No comments:

Post a Comment