Thursday 5 November 2015

Thursday, or Thereabouts - November 5, 2015

The In-Between Time

The gardens have been put to bed, the lawnmower and weed whacker silenced, the deck furniture tucked away.


Fall Fairs have paid homage to giant pumpkins and shiny farm tractors.



We have celebrated and given thanks for all the blessings of life.




A deep, thick carpet of brown and yellow has been laid down on the forest paths.


The air outside my house pulses with Autumn's incense as smoke rises from a crackling cauldron of fallen leaves. And our woodstove has hosted the first fire of the heating season.




I love this In-Between time - that gracious respite after the September start ups and October gatherings, and before the Christmas machine roars to life. It is a time of tender reflection, a time to look behind me and around me, both where I've been and where I now am.

It's a bit like a meander through a fine old book shop...


My fingertips brush across the bindings of the stories of my life as I stroll the along the years. A few tales linger on my heart, a few bring a tear, a few tease out a giggle or three, and there are a couple of life's myths ripe for debunking.

All the stories are important.
Life is beautiful.



©2015 April Hoeller

No comments:

Post a Comment