Monday 9 May 2016

Monday Moanings - May 9, 2016

T Minus 27 Hours and Counting


Sitting in my wagon at the top of this Monday in May, I'm feeling pretty energized. I'm anxious to get on with it. I'm also a little chilly - it dropped below zero last overnight and now it's all of 3°C outside. Good thing I brought the hanging baskets into the garage last night!


Ah well, I've got things to do and places to go today. Surgery is little more than a day away and I want to go for a hike in the forest, drink in the Spring (??) air and smile. It will be some weeks, perhaps months, before I'll be able to handle hiking again, so I'm going to make the most of it, winter coat and all! I want to see the trilliums.



There is also packing to be completed, some instructions to be written, vacuuming to be done and cookies to be baked. It's a big day and I'm up for it. The rest of the week? Well after 12 noon tomorrow, I'll be in and out, probably mostly out until sometime Wednesday. If all goes well, I'll be discharged from hospital on Thursday morning.


Still, don't expect to hear from me until a week from now at the very earliest. Rest assured, whenever I can get my eyes and brain to focus at the same time and for long enough to tap out a post, I will do so. In the mean time I will be under the care and watchful eyes of Sophie and the man. Both will be attentive and loving.


Thank you all for your prayers and good wishes.
I'll catch up with you all later.





©2016 April Hoeller

No comments:

Post a Comment