Thursday 28 July 2016

Thursday, or Thereabouts - July 28, 2016

Still Hot and Dry

What am I thinking today? Not much.


It's one of those days when thinking just isn't all it's cracked up to be, at least not from my seat in the world.

Too much to think about. Too hot to think. And all of it just too complicated.


So my friends, music is the answer. Good for whatever ails ya, music.

Beethoven is reverberating in my body and soul as I write this - the Ninth Symphony as only the Berlin Philharmonic can play it under the baton of the late Herbert von Karajan. Powerful stuff!


Perhaps later I'll leave the earth altogether to journey to out into space with Gustav Holst to tour The Planets,


...then slip back down to earth in time to restore my soul beside the still waters of evensong in Canterbury Cathedral.


Indeed, the perfect remedy for all that ails me this warm day.

Wherever you are today, may there be a gift of music. 





©2016 April Hoeller


No comments:

Post a Comment