Monday 3 July 2017

Monday Moanings - July 3, 2017

Drought

Along with the drought of words in this location over the past month, there has been a more systemic drought of sunshine. The solar panels on our roof however rain-washed clean they are, have had precious little to work with.

In fact, 2017 has offered up below normal sunshine for three months now:


The grass is thick, trees burdened with green, and the robins are getting fat on a bounty of night crawlers - all testimony to the 209mm (8.2 inches) of June rainfall (normal is 78mm). There were only eleven days in the month when it did not rain.



One might think that so many days of indoor type weather would yield a bumper crop of writing. Not in this house, not from this scribe's hand. Between the stops and starts of a construction/reno project, the doldrums induced by way too many grey days, a world plagued by malicious acts of death and destruction, and an incredulous political scene, I've thrown up my hands.








Mix in days on end of gloomy weather and even gloomier events and soon I despair the future of my children and the world.

What's the point?
Why would anything I have to say matter in the chaos and uncertainty?

I have nothing to offer that will change the course, so let's just eat, drink, and be merry.








Enough already! I am declaring an end to my writing drought.









The sun is shining.
The blue sky is decorated with puffy white fair-weather clouds.











It's time to pick up my pen and write - rain or shine.





©2017 April Hoeller






1 comment:

  1. I am certainly celebrating the past few days of sunshine and warm weather. As for the political scene or shall we call it Fight Club, it makes me feel old or at least old fashioned.

    ReplyDelete