Monday 3 March 2014

Monday Moanings - March 3, 2014

In praise of Denial

Brace yourselves. I'm in a bad mood today.



It's not a great way to kick off a new week, but I didn't order up this melange of grief. It reared up on me shortly after I awoke. Rest assured, there has been no great tragedy in my life. No loved one has died or been diagnosed with cancer. There have been no reports of family divorces, job losses or broken bones.



There has been a frustrating disappointment with a body that refuses to cooperate with me.

There have already been tears this morning, but I've moved past the Depression and, following a brief tour in the Bargaining basement, I've run headlong into Anger. Anger yanked me out the gloom enough to write this post. That's a good thing, but now I'm counting on Denial to make an appearance. A warm blanket of denial would be very nice right now, especially as I know Acceptance is still a long way off.



Denial is most often the victim of a bad rap. There are times when it's the best place to be, the only place where there is some positive energy, some comfort, and above all some joy.

And that's what I need today - some joy.


I think it's working...
I'm feeling happier already. Denial - I love you!

©2014 April Hoeller

3 comments:

  1. I like to espress my anger through writing and it does calm me down a bit. Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Michelle, I too have found that writing is a good outlet for anger - as long as I WAIT before pressing the SEND key! ;-)

      Thank you for your good wishes. The tide is already turning.
      Cheers!

      Delete
  2. Hope you feel better soon and are able get over the denial and come to terms with the acceptance, in the course of the week
    Ooops, does that sound a bit preachy!...sorry if it did.
    I do so like to read your writings - moanings and all...

    ReplyDelete