Monday 27 October 2014

Monday Moanings - October 27, 2014

Homeward Bound










So here's the plan for today, head on down to San Francisco from Sacramento to spend a leisurely afternoon strolling the waterfront. This is not our first time in the Bay area, so the 'must see' tourist stops are not on the list, just some old favourites - the Exploratorium, Fisherman's Wharf including a good feed of dungeness crab and maybe even some clam chowder in a sourdough bowl, and perhaps a cable car ride. Then on to the airport for the red-eye home.












It's been a fabulous week of sunshine and warm temperatures, sites and celebrations, family reunions and love, the chart topper being my cousin's wedding.





It was a grand celebration and it was so much fun! Carol and Dick - we wish you every blessing and much happiness.


Of course there were also Napa Valley wineries to savour,




great food and drink to nosh and quaff,





and laid back old Sacramento to stroll.






Time and again though I found my heart drawn back home where the events of the week were far less pleasing. Much has been written about the attacks on our armed forces personnel and our parliament in Ottawa, and I have no desire to add even more words to the ocean of commentary. However, I am a soldier's mother and my heart aches for the families who have lost so much this week. I am proud and privileged to call Canada my home and native land, glorious and free.

Keep Calm and Carry On!



©2014 April Hoeller

No comments:

Post a Comment