Thursday 13 September 2018

Thursday, or Thereabouts - September 13, 2018



Yesterday, I was feeling a tad overwhelmed by the news cycle, both local and global. I was engulfed by a hurricane of thoughts, none of them any good. So I punched the ejection seat button. I came down in the middle of nature - the Nokiidaa Trail. I strolled along that part of the trail that wends its way south along the East Holland River, past Fairy Lake in Newmarket.

Nokiidaa is an Ojibwa word meaning, "walking together." Camera in hand, I strolled along with my intimate friends, heart, mind, soul, and body.  I listened, I watched, I took long and deep breaths.


Mallard Ducks

blue heron


Teasel

Bull Thistle

Red-legged Grasshopper

Teasel

Himalayan balsam Impatiens grandulifera (aka policeman's helmet)

Orange Jewelweed

Orange Jewelweed

Sow Thistle

Refreshed, relaxed and re-centred, I returned home. Along the street where I live, these beauties displayed what my heart, mind, and soul had just rediscovered.

Red Maple

"The leaves are about to show us how lovely it is to let go." 
(anonymous)





©2018 April Hoeller

No comments:

Post a Comment