Monday 5 November 2018

Monday Moanings - November 5, 2018



Yet again, the work week begins gloomy, grey, and listless. Not unusual for November but still neither welcomed nor appreciated.


November is the month when everyone in their right minds in this part of the world, heads indoors -  including the cute but undesirable mice! Yes, their annual migration to the sheltered warmth has begun. Forty years of living in the rural routes have prepared me well for this invasion: it's best to catch 'em early before they get settled in and grow families.

I know many will cringe but the best most efficient method of dispatch is the bog-standard mousetrap. The live/humane traps just didn't work decisively nor often enough and poison is not permissible in my house. So a morsel of cheddar perched tenuously on the catch is my approach and we're 2 for 2 this dreary morning.

The outside walls have been checked for openings and the traps have been re-set. Sorry little critters, but you cannot spend the winter in my house.


And that's my Monday moaning done.


p.s. the writing retreat was wonderful!
 More about that on Thursday, but for now, I've got to get back to the #NaNoWriMo writing. 



©2018 April Hoeller

No comments:

Post a Comment