Thursday 10 April 2014

Thursday, or Thereabouts – April 10, 2014

Leavin’ on a jet plane…

Fotolia_58336695_XS



It’s less than 24 hours until take off and I’m actually quite relaxed. I wonder what I’ve forgotten? I’ve tidied the house but a full Spring cleaning will have to wait until we get back. The house-sitters have moved in and been fully briefed, not just by me but also by Sophie the resident canine.












She has made sure that they know where find the bickies, treats, bones and kibble – several times! I know that she will pine for us just a little; mope around for a week or so but then motor on.  I will miss her morning greeting, a cold wet nose nudging my cheek accompanied by a little whine, “Mom, are you in there?”





Vintage still life.My love and I will be far away on another adventure. I will not be posting on this blog, no “Monday Moanings” or “Thursday, or Thereabouts”, until sometime after May 11. BUT – I have launched a new blog for our travels: “Where in the World are We?”, the globe-trotting adventures of Schwartz vonBear and his two Sherpas. For those of my readers familiar with my “Photos du Jour” emails, this blog replaces those photo laden emails of the past.

I spent the better part of a weekend learning how to use Windows Live Writer. Now I can compose and format posts, including photos, entirely offline and then upload to the blog either in draft or publish directly. It seems to work pretty well! This is a huge accomplishment, and it works for a number of blogging platforms, not just Blogger. To quote my love, when it comes to Internet in faraway lands, “It may be slow, but it sure is expensive!” This offline strategy should limit connection time. Here’s hoping.

Take a moment to visit my travel blog, and please consider signing up for the email subscription so you won’t miss out on an Asian Adventure. Schwartz and the two Sherpas would love to have you along!

Take care! See you back here in May.



©2014 April Hoeller

No comments:

Post a Comment