Monday 27 July 2015

Monday Moanings - July 27, 2015

Who perpetrated this outrage?

How can one awake in the morning feeling so energized, positive, excited and grinning from ear to ear and less than eight hours later feel knocked down, dragged out, flat on the sofa, utterly wretched? That was me yesterday. This morning not much has changed. I have been taken hostage by that most awful of demons, the summer cold.

On what is forecast to be the hottest week of the year with temps 30°C and above (humidex at 40+), it's not a week to be laid up with some goo-infesting pestilence.



When the worst of winter rages, it's all well and good to tuck up my runny nose, raw throat, mental fog and vague feverishness under a blankie and sip mugs of honey-lemon tea.

Remember this? Just six months ago...
But under a blazing summer sun such soothing coziness melts away, sizzling into a vapour of misery.
Monday. Moaning. Misery. 

Same view this morning
But the garden needs watering. I hauled my reluctant body outside into the warmth - already 27°C at 10am.
The day lilies stretch out for the sunshine...



...as do the gazanias. They love it!



Like me, the begonias will struggle this week.


All will enjoy a cool drink.






I'm "IN" for the day, a frosty glass of orange juice by my side along with a box of tissues and the TV/DVD remote control.
Stay cool this week, folks. And remember to practise "Safe Sun".


©2015 April Hoeller








3 comments:

  1. Get well sooooon! We need our twice weekly shot in the arm blogs else we will wilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm working on it, though still sputtering somewhat. It's been a very hot week here (33°C for 4 days is a heat wave in these parts) but I've managed to stay cool and keep the garden alive. The lawn on the other hand is crisp and brown. Take care my friend.

      Delete
    2. I'm working on it, though still sputtering somewhat. It's been a very hot week here (33°C for 4 days is a heat wave in these parts) but I've managed to stay cool and keep the garden alive. The lawn on the other hand is crisp and brown. Take care my friend.

      Delete