Thursday 11 April 2019

Thursday, or Thereabouts - April 11, 2019



It's cold, -3°C. It's grey and snow flurries are mocking Spring as they twirl outside my door. I'm sure I can hear giggling! So I'm going to stay indoors and daydream about blooms both wild and cultivated - vibrant with colour and fragrance, magnificent and without limit.


I love watching the forest come to life every Spring. Without any hand planting, or watering, or weeding, colour emerges.









Sophie loves the trilliums.

I truly have neither the diligence nor the talent to manage much beyond hanging baskets and a few planters filled with hardy blooms that tolerate sandy soil, full sun, and my frequent neglect.







I can hardly wait to get my hands dirty rooting around in the rich earth, caring for this year's gaggle of joy and wonder. Oh - and look what I found in my garden tour yesterday - fledgling rhubarb


...and a bulb daring to sprout in a planter along the south wall of the house. I'm not sure what it is yet, as I planted crocus, tulips in the pot back in the Fall.


Hope springs eternal!




©2019 April Hoeller

No comments:

Post a Comment