Thursday 18 July 2019

Thursday, or Thereabouts - July 18, 2019








Environment Canada has issued a HEAT WARNING for much of southern Ontario, including my locale. Daytime temperatures will stretch into the mid 30's °C (95°F) with the humidity making it all feel more like 40°C or more (104°F). 






Currently, it's a tepid 30°C outside my door with 67% relative humidity. It's not nice out there! I have no difficulty following the recommendation to take extra precautions to reduce the risk of heat-related illnesses. I did go to the gym earlier this morning and then came home and wet my plants.




I've been back inside since 10:30 am, in the 'coolth' of A/C  - praise God for Willis Carrier, the inventor! We do conserve energy as best we can with blinds down on sunny windows, and temp set to 25°C (77°F) during the day. At 11 pm, we take full advantage of reduced electric rates to supercool the house down to 20°C. Most days this strategy gets us to nearly 3 pm before the A/C has to kick in, but with no relief from the 3H's (hazy, hot and humid) in sight until a weak cold front arrives sometime on Sunday, we'll be hard-pressed to keep the A/C off that long. 


I think I'll tackle some photo editing. How about January, February and March of this year?



 

January 19, 2019

I feel much cooler already! Don't you?
Take care in the heat. Take of your pets too.




©2019 April Hoeller







No comments:

Post a Comment