Monday 5 June 2023

Monday Meander - June 5, 2023




I'm struggling to find any enthusiasm for kicking off my wagon into the first full week of June. Such inertia is fueled in no small part by the pall of forest fire smoke hanging in the air these days, all coming from Quebec and northern Ontario. Last night I could actually smell it and the full strawberry moon glowed a Halloween orange in the night sky. 




This morning's forecasts are dominated by air quality statements with little chance of significant rain until perhaps the weekend.

https://instantweather.ca/2023/06/05/wZRS6S-special-air-quality-statement-issued/ 

And by tomorrow, the fire danger risk is forecast to reach "Extreme" for my part of the province (circled in yellow).

Is this the future of summers? 

I toured my garden this morning with these gloomy thoughts playing in my head.
The iris seemed uninterested in my lament. 

The lupins just smiled and waved, 


And the pansies remained blissfully unaware. 


I'm sure I heard them giggling with yellow delight!

So the message from the garden would seem to be:


            And one more thing...

PLEASE
Be fire smart!
Be aware. Be vigilant.

©2023 April Hoeller

No comments:

Post a Comment