Monday 10 July 2023

Monday Meander - July 10, 2023

No doubt about it - summer is here! The typical entourage of mosquitoes (lots of those this year!), June beetles, fire flies (not so many yet), bumble bees, and butterflies have buzzed and fluttered onto the scene.

Though rain remains a sometime thing, the fire risk has retreated to low here as drought conditions have eased. The air quality has returned to normal fluctuations as forest fires come under control - at least for now. This year's crop of fresh local vegies and soft fruits are filling up store shelves and brimming bins at farmer's markets. In short, all is well or at least normal.


I'm not a heat lover by any stretch and listening to the dire heat warnings forecast last week, I'd have not dared to ventured outside. But I stuck my nose out the door, followed by my feet and stepped into a lovely warmth just perfect for sittin' - ideally by a lake - enjoying the gentle breezes. I don't have a lake outside my door, but I do have a couple of Muskoka chairs perched in afternoon shade.

The perfect place to sit, sipping an iced coffee, just listening, watching, and pondering. My problem solving skills blossom to stellar levels from my chair in the shade. I'll spare you the insightful revelations and remarkable solutions to complex global issues that came to me. They're almost as good as the perfectly argued remarks I come up with in the shower. Brilliant stuff! Clearly a legend in my own mind, or shower, or Muskoka chair.

Summer breeze makes me feel fine
Blowin' through the jasmine in my mind
Summer breeze makes me feel fine
Blowin' though the jasmine in my mind

Summer Breeze - Seals & Croft 1972

Have a great week all. 


©2023 April Hoeller

2 comments:

  1. Great photos (as usual), and I love Seals and Croft/Summer Breeze.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've humming the tune all day! Thanks for stopping by my chair today. Take care.

    ReplyDelete