Thursday 2 May 2019

Thursday, or Thereabouts - Thursday, May 2, 2019






... according to the calendar, but the weather gods seem to have had different months in mind lately. March-like ups and downs buffeted by winds typical of November bringing snow, freezing rain, sleet, and heavy rains have dampened spirits and caused massive flooding. Fortunately, my part of Ontario has been spared while points to the north, east and south have not been so lucky.

The prophets of weather now point to the good stuff coming in mid-May. They said the same thing about March and April too. Eventually, they will be right and I will dance with the sheep, chickens, cows, pigs, and ducks of May.




But all is not grim and dreary in my world. I am just back from my annual five-day writing retreat along the shores of Rice Lake.


I had three simple goals for my time away:
     Rest
          Re-set
               Write


And I scored the hat trick - I accomplished all three! In spite of the weather, (which wasn't all bad as one can see in two of the photos), or because of it, I got the job done. I wrote a few new segments and re-worked six chapters. 


I was in the company of an inspiring group of writers. Our collective creative energies powering us all through the twists and turns of our stories. We were well fed and 'watered'


But most of all I was nurtured, cajoled, and even spurred when needed to get on with the writing. I am indebted to Ruth E. Walker and Gwynn Scheltema-Anderson for offering such consistently great leadership. Namaste...




©2019 April Hoeller



No comments:

Post a Comment