Monday 3 June 2019

Monday Moanings - June 3, 2019

Groan...












What to write when a body is aching, protesting not just every movement but every thought? I want to go back to bed, but even that seems to require too great an effort. I've already got a triple shot Americano in my mug.


To what do I owe this lackluster Monday moaning? In a word, sunshine. Yes, that's right, sunshine. The weekend was full of it, albeit a little muted on Saturday but brilliant on Sunday. All the huge outdoor work that had been left undone due to rain, cold and overcast weekends screamed for attention and we were happy to give it.








 The man and I decided to clear out the deadfall in the forested part of our land.


Logs were cut (his job), hauled 200m to the woodpile (my job), split for firewood (mostly my job), and stacked (his job). Phew! Is it any wonder that I'm a little slow this morning? On the other hand, it did feel good to spend the days outside rather than hunkered down inside. It felt good to be in the presence of the pings, chirps, and buzz of nature well out of the range of electronics.


The land outside my door is awakening to this late Spring with gusto!
Blossoms galore!
     Apple...


     Choke Cherry...


     Wild Strawberry...


Birds galore!

     Baltimore Orioles...


     Hummingbirds...


     Goldfinches and Pine Siskins


     Indigo Buntings...


     And Lord and Lady Cardinal enjoying a wee smooch....


A little moaning seems a small price to pay for all things bright and beautiful in the sunshine.



©2019 April Hoeller



2 comments:

  1. As always, amazing photos!! Today is our best day in quite a while, mid 70s for the high. I spent all day sitting on the back deck enjoying the weather while I was on my iPad and computer. Finally got to leave the door open, too. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Donna. I'm sure it won't be too long before I'm complaining about the sweltering heat, but for now I crave sunshine. The first three days of June were sunny but this morning has dawned overcast and very cool. Rain is on the way too. Ah well...

      Delete