Monday 2 March 2020

Monday Meander - March 2, 2020

I'm back?

It's been a while since I last popped up here. Life is like that. Sometimes I get bumped out of my usual patterns and once I'm out it takes time to find my way back, if indeed back is where I want and need to be. There is a blur of uncertainty as I dip my toe back into the waters of blogging and I must admit that I'm feeling a few ripples of ambivalence.

Dean Village along the Water of Leith, Edinburgh

Why do this? There is no monetary gain for me. I'm not selling anything here or building a platform for selling anything in the future. Though I still have that memoir piece languishing in a bottom drawer, I have more questions about its future than plans for its completion. What exactly do I have to say that is of any critical importance to anyone? There is nothing that I can say that will change the world. So, why write here?

I suppose it can be argued that upon reading something in my blog post, a reader may have one of those lightbulb experiences in which an insight or an idea is ignited. And there is always the possibility of even a single reader's smile emerging as the strum of my thoughts resonates in their life. Is that reason enough to write? Perhaps it is...


So, here I am back in the usual time slot offering a contribution to the world of words and images, one that I hope will be positive - helpful, entertaining, interesting, and maybe even a bit of fun.

As seen at my gym in January - made me laugh out loud!

The days are getting longer, the snow is melting,


and the birds are coming back.

At my feeder yesterday, this goldfinch was sporting his summer suit already

Spring is stirring and so am I.
Come, let's sit a spell.




©2020 April Hoeller

4 comments:

  1. I enjoy reading the blogs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ine. That brings a huge smile to my face and a glow in my heart.
      Much love,
      April

      Delete
  2. Welcome back to the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Leueen. It feels right to be back.
      Best wishes to you.

      Delete