Monday 30 March 2020

Monday Meander - March 30, 2020

Report from the blankie fort - Week 3


Yup, I'm still here. It's getting a little tedious at times, a bit monotonous, even a bit annoying. Motivation ebbs and flows. I do my best to ride the good waves and make the most of the energy by accomplishing big things. Last Friday's brilliant sunshine and warm temperatures ushered in a perfect wave. I spent much of the day outside raking the lawns and garden. It felt great!

The rhubarb is up - a full two weeks earlier than last year.

The next two days were less exciting. Motivation got weighed down by the blanket of grey dampness outside my door. I became much like my dog - wandering around the house looking for treats, napping, occasionally barking at stuff and then getting really excited about going for a ride in the car! Who knew a trip into town to do a curbside pick-up at the hardware store could be so thrilling?! We did have to keep an eye on the speedometer. It's hard to claim we're just keeping up with traffic flow when there isn't any.  It's a strange world outside the blankie fort.

So what shall we do for excitement this week? Another drive perhaps. A door-drop of groceries is due here mid-week, thanks to our city kids. It will be their big car adventure! If the weather is really nice, then we might even be able to set out some chairs, 2 metres apart of course, and have a visit. That would be lovely.

The really good news of the week though is that I have it on good authority that the Easter Bunny has immunity!


It's time for me to plan and then start baking because there is evidence that some hopping down the bunny trail has begun.


Take care. Be well. 
Escape for a car ride if you can, but otherwise, Stay home.





©2020 April Hoeller


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo of morning tea/coffee. I love the dog analogy... "barking at stuff" haha. Thank you April

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I have to admit I am settling into a routine. Walks or today, due to rain, we did a seniors exercise class via You Tube. It was pretty good. This afternoon perhaps Zumba. And amazingly enough I baked peanut butter cookies! Have not done that in decades. They are delicious and David is eating waaaay to many of them.Stay well April!

    ReplyDelete