Monday 22 June 2020

Monday Meander - June 22, 2020

Report from the blankie fort - Week 15







"Good morning, Pooh Bear," said Eeyore gloomily. "If it is a good morning," he said. "Which I doubt," said he.

"Why, what's the matter?"

"Nothing, Pooh Bear, nothing. We can't all, and some of us don't. That's all there is to it."

"Can't all what?" said Pooh, rubbing his nose.

"Gaiety. Song-and-dance. Here we go round the mulberry bush. I'm not complaining, but there it is."  
A. A. Milne





I'm having a kind of Eeyore day today. No Gaiety. No song and dance. Just glum and uninspired. No matter. Writing a blogpost always gives me a lift. But today, Blogger wasn't allowing me to upload any photos. There ensued a half-hour cycle of reboots, expletives, cache-clearing, expletives, and doing everything but waving a rubber chicken over my head. Oh bother!

Reverting to the "legacy" version finally proved successful, but now I'm in such a snit, that backwash of in-the-moment frustration, that any creativity on my part has been sucked up into a vortex of negativity. Oh, I'm energized now, but it's not the good stuff. It's the pot-banging, teeth-gnashing, head-banging, tearing-my-hair-out mess. And it's too bloody hot and humid outside to go for powerwalk or dig up the garden.

It's probably a good thing for me to be socially isolated today! Think of how many people I have spared from insult and injury. The mind boggles. It really doesn't take much these days to boggle, frustrate, or confuse me. The good news is that it also doesn't take much to tease a smile, coax a giggle, and ease my furrowed brow.

Or as my buddy Eeyore said,

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, 
makes all the difference.”


Make it a good week. Stay safe.
Be kind, and include yourself at least once in that kindness.
Smile.






©2020 April Hoeller





1 comment:

  1. Ah! Eeyore! Blogging can be hard work some days. WordPress has a new block editor and loads of people are complaining about it. But I've been using it for some months now and not had any trouble with it. You Tube editor is the one that drives me to drink! Well it would if there was any in the house! 😁

    ReplyDelete