Monday 8 February 2021

Monday Meander - February 8, 2021

 Poking my head out the tent flap today, looking to see if anything has changed...

Nope. 

But at least the great day star is doing her best to warm us all up. She's got a long way to go seeing as we began at -17°C (1°F) first thing this morning. February always feels tedious. February in a pandemic lockdown the tedium is just piled higher and deeper. Oh to escape to somewhere lovely, comfortable, and safe where the sun doesn't have to work so hard to warm me up.

Great escapes in February or any time of the year remain the stuff of dreams for now. Last week the Canadian government extended the ban on passenger vessels operating in our waters until February 28, 2022. Not a surprise really but still it means that our  Arctic expedition punted from last July due to the pandemic to this August has now been kicked into 2022. And we're also being advised to avoid all travel on cruise ships outside of Canada. I understand that too, but still...

I just want to get out of Dodge. Don't we all?! Apparently, the fastest way out of here is to stay put. Now doesn't that just warm the cockles of your heart?  I guess armchair travel and trips down memory lane will have to suffice. Where shall it be today? How about the Galapagos for a bit of adventure?





That feels better. 

Onwards my friends. Stay home. Stay safe. Dream on! 


©2021 April Hoeller


4 comments:

  1. I hear you! I find myself looking at British tv series on PBS and thinking how much I miss England. Talking to Pere, who is currently on a project in Montenegro, is nice but not the same as actually seeing him But thank goodness we do have these virtual means of communication. We must just hang in there April. Onwards ever Onwards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, virtual is better than nothing but no replacement for in person. We shall overcome...
      Cheers!

      Delete
  2. I sure would love to be on a sunny beach right now!!

    ReplyDelete