Monday 29 March 2021

Monday Meander - March 29, 2021

 So this happened overnight:


Few winters just slump out of the room without a protest or three against spring's arrival in the land. There is usually some push back even after thunderstorms break winter's back (according my Dad's weather lore) and a great thawing of the land has occurred. No worries - the great day star will get to work and melt it all by mid-afternoon today. So be it.

There's lots to do this week... 


The Easter bunny is unimpeded by a pandemic. This is not his first CoVID-19 celebration. He knows the ropes. While I may not yet know exactly who, what, where or when yet, I too know how to pull the ol' festive rabbit out of my hat. Outdoor egg hunt, take-home festive meal, and Easter baskets chock full of treats - I got this.



Today is hot cross bun baking day. Tomorrow it's sugar cookies. Friday is for paska (Easter bread - just think butter, eggs, honey, yeast, and flour)

Easter 2020: sugar cookies & paska

I'd best get to it. Have a great week, all.


Stay safe,
AND
 if the vaccine comes your way,
get the jab!

(The Easter Bunny doesn't want to do the pandemic hop again next year!)


©2021 April Hoeller

4 comments:

  1. Getting the jab this Wednesday. We did an Easter goodies drop off in Belleville yesterday. Did both of us good to see the family . Had not seen the since November. I love your Easter Bunny. I hope he will not have to do the Pandemic hop again next year. I am trying to be optimistic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Norbert is getting his jab Wednesday too. I don't yet meet the age criteria...
      I know I will at least "see" half the family (Kristen, Adam & Vivi). Our son and daughter-in-law will have to wait still longer. Maybe July?? That's about as optimistic as I can be - on a good day. Take care.

      Delete
  2. I've had the first jab and get the second one a week from tomorrow! Your Easter 2020 sugar cookies are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good on ya Lisa! In Canada the vaccine supply is limited. All of it has to be imported from overseas and more recently, the USA (Thank you Pres. Biden). My husband will get his first jab tomorrow. Me? Unknown, but probably in the next three weeks or so. Fingers crossed.
      Easter blessings to you and yours.

      Delete