Monday 3 May 2021

Monday Meander - May 3, 2021

The place has been tidied up and the welcome mat is out.

I harken to the road outside my door, waiting to hear the unmistakable and oh-so-familiar rumble of the big truck coming in off the highway. 


My heart swells with joy to see this event unfold before my eyes this morning. Why? Because the annual delivery of firewood is blessedly normal. It is reassuring to this old soul that the cycle of seasons still rolls on, not just those in nature but also those that shape my life in this place. 


And so, this first full week of May begins with comfort and joy, throwing off the pall of gloomy wet weather that has been hanging around for too many days. 

...but all shall be well,
all shall be well,
and all manner of thing shall be well.
Julian of Norwich (1342 - 1416)

My soul must have been working with these words of hope and trust as my hands went to work this past week to finish the pandemic cross-stitch piece I began in early 2020. I hesitated to add my initials and end date because I had originally felt that I would not do so until the pandemic was over. But hope and smiles bloom...


Fini! 


©2021 April Hoeller

2 comments:

  1. The needlepoint looks lovely. And I can understand the comfort of the annual wood delivery. Last fall I planted spring bulbs. It is my annual ritual to acknowledge that I will be around to see them bloom months later. I recall that last year with the whole Pandemic fracas my bulb planting took on added significance. And here I am in May and there they are blooming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Leueen, for sharing the joy of your "resurrection" blooms. Such reassurance feels like a guiding hand on my shoulder and/or gentle hugs.
    Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete