Monday 26 April 2021

Monday Meander - April 26, 2021

No! No! No!

I woke up this morning and apparently slid into a pair of cranky pants instead of my usual comfy blue jeans. Who put those out for me to wear today? Not me! But, they're on now and refuse all efforts to be change. So here I am entering the day as stubborn and belligerent like as an ornery donkey. And don't let me hear that new C-word, the one that has fenced-in our lives for over a year now. That word sends me braying and bucking out of the room.

I'm done with pandemic news. I don't want to here it. No broadcast news about it, no political yammering and hammering, no opinion pieces however learned or not they may be. 

I. Am. Done.

I'm activating the emergency escape system.


I'll be back next week - probably. In the mean time I'm going offline - no social media after this post and no news feeds. There's plenty for me to do even with as dreary a weather forecast as the one for this week.

The Weather Channel

There are thousands of slides to be organized and digitized. I made a start last week and whittled down 1700 images to just 489, covering the years 1965 to 1975. (Warning to family: I have pictures!). It was a delightful trip down memory lane. I can happily do more of same, and there's only about another 5000 to go.  


Then there is a cross-stitch project to complete, the one began a year ago and a baby record pattern to get going on. 

A year ago.

Now - almost done, just some wording to add.


But first, it's time for me to go for a walk. Every day around 1:30pm a neighbour or two and I stroll the rural street outside our doors, weather permitting. For me it is the antidote to all things irksome, all bad moods and cranky pants. We share stories, we rant occasionally, we laugh often, AND we solve all the world's problems, of course. Today the sun is shining but it is cool at 9°C (48°F), so I will have to put on a few layers, tug on a wooly hat and bring gloves. I bet those cranky pants will be off by the time I get back!

Make it a great week for yourselves. 
Stay safe. 
Be well.




©2021 April Hoeller



No comments:

Post a Comment