Monday 17 April 2023

Monday Meander - April 17, 2023

 I don't feel like it!


My wagon seems stuck at the top of the hill this Monday. I got up with enough bounce but now that I'm sitting here, I don't feel like accomplishing anything today. That's okay, I guess. There is nothing pressing on my agenda, no must-do's banging on the door.  And yet, this lack of motivation is irritating! Why is that?

Why can't I have a pleasant do-nothing day, a "59th Street Bridge Song" kind of day?


Slow down, you move too fast
You got to make the morning last
Just kicking down the cobblestones
Looking for fun and feeling groovy
Ba da-da da-da da-da, feeling groovy

Hello lamppost, what'cha knowing
I've come to watch your flowers growin'
Ain't you got no rhymes for me?
Doo-ait-n-doo-doo, feeling groovy
Ba da-da da-da da-da, feeling groovy
I got no deeds to do, no promises to keep
I'm dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep
Let the morningtime drop all its petals on me
Life, I love you, all is groovy
(Paul Simon, 1966)

With that great tune and lyrics, I feel better already! I'm not making any commitment to do anything today except traipse around humming and feelin' groovy.  And that's okay! 
Cheers!


©2023 April Hoeller



3 comments:

  1. For me, when I need some motivation, I toss on some classic rock, dance a little, and end up enervated & ready to tackle what needs to be done. {Note to self - time to put on some classic rock...}

    Donna McNicol - My A to Z Blogs
    DB McNicol - Small Delights, Simple Pleasures, and Significant Memories
    My Snap Memories - My Life in Black & White

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Feeling guilty for feeling lazy, one of the worse Judeo-Christian ideas which we were imprinted with. Keep on trying to wash it out and enjoy "feeling groovy" (I adore that song too), It takes more than a life, though. ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too right, Jon! It does take so much time and effort to override the imprinting. feeling lazy is not the same as being lazy. Cheers to feeling groovy!

      Delete