Thursday 27 April 2023

Thursday, or Thereabouts - April 27, 2023

I was having a glum day yesterday, for no particular reason that I could latch on to, although the lack of sunshine and warmth may have been the culprit. The days have begun with early morning sun, then clouds by noon, overcast by 2pm with snow showers, rain showers, drizzle and wind, ending with clearing skies after 8pm with a temperature struggling to to reach 8°C. This has been the weather story EVERY day for over a week. Totally uninspiring!

image credit: pixabay

To combat the gloom, I sat down at the computer and began clicking away. I read a few articles and didn't learn much to cheer me. I went on to look at bathroom faucets in support of an ongoing bathroom reno.  What a chore! A grueling trek through stuff I never needed or wanted as I struggle to find the right key words. Hours later, I had managed to store a few options on a wish list. As I was reviewing the list of new and old items my eyes locked on something from over a year ago, a fine glass bottle of fountain pen ink. And guess what? The price had dropped by 30%. 

The package arrived first thing this morning. 


Cheerful and bright with the promise of spring. A test write showed that the ink runs well and does not bleed into the paper. What bliss! Apparently it doesn't take much to lift my spirits. Oh and the sun is shining this morning too. 

Racing Green, here we go!


©2023 April Hoeller

1 comment:

  1. Yes the weather had been glum and it does dampen the spirits !

    ReplyDelete