Monday 15 October 2018

Monday Moanings - October 15, 2018

A slow, dreary start on this Monday in October.


The pitter-patter of rain stirred me from deep slumber this morning. It was joined by the snuffling snores from both the man beside me and the furry beast at the foot of the bed. The gloomy light suggested it was still early, much too early to get up. I turned onto my side, curling up into the warm blankets - ah, bliss... until sleep-blurred eyes cleared enough to register the illuminated digits on the bedside clock. 


Microseconds later my vintage bladder issued both a congratulatory note about sleeping through the night along with an imminent overflow alert. My sluggish body protested every movement but verticality was achieved - okay, so maybe not quite plumb-bob vertical but the maximum allowable on a flood-threatening bladder. Ten determined yet a tad wobbly steps got me to the bathroom. Victory was mine!

Much relieved and now dressed, I left the two sleeping beauties behind and sauntered off to the kitchen. Head and shoulders, knees and toes resisted my progress, but I had coffee on my mind, a good caffeine ladened Americano with a soothing dose of 18% cream. The heady aroma of a fresh-pulled triple espresso awakened my senses. Streaming hot water into the mug, I inhaled even more of caffeine's stimulating incense. Licking my lips in anticipation I poured the luscious cream into the rich black liquid, watching for the swirls of darkness and light.

"No! No! NO!" I screamed as clumps of curdled cream rose to perform a macabre dance. What outrage! What cruelness! What treachery is this?

Rainy days and Mondays always get me down...

...but then again, grey days make colours pop and details come to life!

On the street where I live
Rome 2005 - waiting to get into the Vatican Museum

Reykjavik 2018 - The Sun Voyager & friends

Reykjavik 2018
Lerwick, Scotland 2018
Mousa - Shetlands, Scotland 2018
Yesnaby Cliffs, Scotland 2018

Have a great week folks!



©2018 April Hoeller












No comments:

Post a Comment