Thursday 18 October 2018

Thursday, or Thereabouts - October 18, 2018

A magical moment greeted me this morning. It only happens this way once a year and only once a year does it thrill me in this way. And it never stays around for more than a just few hours...

Die erste Schnee...(the first snow)


The first snow makes my heart, mind, body, and soul dance with glee. I have no idea why this is so. No specific childhood memory comes to mind, no incredibly joyous incident and yet this morning, the excitement was almost unbearable. I danced. I sang. I scampered down the stairs to put on my boots and get out there.









My apologies to all those not so enthralled with snow. Rest assured, by mid-February or even sooner in the new year, I'll be less enthused and maybe even at times somewhat grumpy about it all.






But for now, even just for a few hours today, it was a marvelous, magical happening.













©2018 April Hoeller


2 comments:

  1. Nice photos. What is the bird in the feeder with the red head?¥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The bird is a red-bellied woodpecker (no red belly that I can see, though some apparently have pink or rosy belly).Had not seen this one at all here until just last week. Now he is a regular.
      Stay warm.

      Delete