Monday 24 August 2020

Monday Meander - August 24, 2020

August Adventures

A very welcome drenching thunderstorm last night left behind its signature on my chairs. A forecast of high heat and humidity this afternoon had me up and out early for my walk this morning and to check in with the garden. 




All is well out there - thanks to Ma Nature and when her rains go AWOL, my watering can. The flowers will be bright and beautiful for days after a soaking rain. Would that I could be so easily and simply refreshed and renewed. What I need is a vacation! 


It's been just over eleven months since my love and I embarked on a travel adventure. We headed over to explore Scotland on September 16, 2019, and returned seventeen days later on October 3. 

Haggis, Neeps, and Tatties in Edinburgh

We have slept in our own bed every night since then. That has got to be some kind of record for us, one going back to the 1980's when the children were toddlers and money was tight. Going to the zoo was an adventure as was going to the Royal Ontario Museum, and even the McMichael Art Gallery. Just the library could be exciting with a four and a two-year-old in tow. These days excitement is ordering a sushi/sashimi combo platter delivered to my door and tracking the progress of the delivery on my smartphone. I've never done that before and it worked as planned! 


But I still really do need a vacation, a time away that's new and different in a place that is as close to being as safe as home as is reasonable. It doesn't have to be long. I think three to five days would do it. I'm going to work on that idea for a bit this week. See what I can come up with. I feel a road trip coming on.



Stay safe. Stay sane.
Find some adventure.



©2020 April Hoeller
 







No comments:

Post a Comment