Monday 13 July 2020

Monday Meander - July 13, 2020

Report from the blankie fort - Week 18


The bears and rabbit are still at the window, looking out on sultry summer days, just watching the world go by. They are wonderfully oblivious to all the news - pandemic and otherwise. They are both in the moment and above it, present but unmoved. I think I'd like to be like one of the bears this week, probably more like the rabbit because I do wear a mask when it's important to do so. I'd like to spend this week as a disinterested spectator. All I have to do is pretend that I don't know what I know and pretend that I don't care. Some days, forgetting what I know is a slam-dunk for my vintage brain, but not caring? Yeah, well that's not happening. So, now what?

I think Sandra Boynton's cartoon for today hits the nail on the head:


I still don't know what am I going to do with this week. But here's what I do know: if I keep watch on the world with gentle eyes and ears, if I reflect more with heart and soul than with head, there will be more than enough to see, to learn, and to do.


And that's the way I see it here in Week 18

Wishing all a Care-Full week.
Wash your hands.
Watch your distance.
Wear a mask.




©2020 April Hoeller

No comments:

Post a Comment